Brief History of the Republic United Church of Christ
The Union Reformed Church was organized in 1917 from the disbanded Presbyterian Church, which had organized in 1831. It later became the Union United Church of Christ.
The Old Methodist Church
In 1965, steps were taken to merge the local Methodist Church and the Union United Church of Christ. The combined congregation became the Republic United Church of Christ and the first service was held on July 4, 1965.
September 8, 1968 marked the ground breaking ceremonies for the new sanctuary. The building is a modified modern marked by the prominence of The Praying Hands over the Altar. The dedication was held on March 9, 1969.
Pastors that have served this church are:
1965 Rev. Jon Schultz
1967 Rev Maurice Smith
1982 Revs. Timothy & Patricia Dykstra
1985 Rev. Patricia Lawrence
1992 Rev. W. Jeffrey King
2011 Pastor Darla Metz